RapidScan+ is the complete C-Scan inspection instrument from Sonatest.
This comprehensive system bridges the gap between hand-held and gantry equipment offering the convenience and versatility of a portable unit combined with the speed and in-depth data analysis capability of an automated C-Scan inspection system. Utilising ultrasonic array transducers, RapidScan+ provides real-time A, B, and C-Scan information with high resolution full data recording.
Typical applications include: the inspection of metal and carbon fibre composites structures, detecting defects such as delaminations, cracks, flaws, corrosion, porosity, foreign material and bond integrity.
- Compared to standard portable instruments, RapidScan+ is able to scan much faster and further with an expansive set of evaluation and analysis tools.
- Multiple level user access allows configuration of the instrument to be as simple or as flexible as the operator desires.
- The system includes a 128-channel multiplexing pulser/receiver module; state-of-the-art data capture electronics and a standard PC, laptop, housed in a low-profile rugged plastic enclosure.
- Powerful gating and evaluation tools ensure that the ultrasonic signals can be analysed and interpreted to the fullest extent.
- RapidScan+ operates in pulse-echo mode suitable for inspecting medium to large areas.
- The high resolution C-Scans show time of flight and amplitude data, simultaneously displaying both A and B-Scans live.